The WASZP_X is the latest product out of the WASZP factory, intended to provide a more affordable and accessible foiling pathway in the sport for junior sailors.
The new WASZP_X starts with a lighter 5.8m rig and new stable wingframe design, and is aimed at the 11 to 14+ age group.
The class will use the same hull as the standard WASZP with the following differences:
- 5.8m sail to suit smaller sailors – (recommended weight 30-45kgs)
- 6.9m sail to progress in the class – (recommended weight 45-65kgs)
- Lightweight rig for easy righting and stability when sailing
- Curved wingbars increase stability and make capsize recovery easier for smaller sailors
- Easy and affordable transition through the pathway to the senior WASZP Class.
- Recommended minimum sailor weight of 30-35kg
- Recommended age 11-14+
- Added safety features to create a forgiving environment for kids to learn to foil.
Price of a new WASZP_X Complete with either 5.8m/6.9m rig $USD10,900 (£7,922) + Tax/shipping/duties
The intention is to include the WASZP_X class at the 2022 International WASZP Games in Lake Garda, Italy as its own class.
After that event, the WASZP_X will appear at future major events as a stand-alone event prior to the Senior WASZP Class 8.2m.