Medal Races for the 2017 World Cup Series in Miami for the Finn, Laser, Radial and 470 classes.
Ben Cornish - Image Pedro Martinez - Click image for a larger image
Oskari Muhonen made it a 1 - 2 for Finland in the Finn medal race ahead of Mikael Hyryalinen. But no change overall with Jorge Zarif of Brazil taking the gold and Ben Cornish of Britain the silver. Bronze for Andres Pedresen of Norway.
Giovanni Coccoluto of Italy dominated the Laser Medal race for the win ahead of Jean Bernaz of France. Overall Bernaz took gold. Pavlos Kontides of Cyprus took silver and Britain's Lorenzo Chavarini the bronze.
Britain's Nick Thompson was involved with Pavlos Kontides of Cyprus who took him out of contention to ninth, and ended fourth overall.
In the Radial, Vasileia Karachaliou of Greece defended her 16 point lead in the medal race from Evi van Acker of Belgium. Mathilde de Kerangat of France took Bronze. No GBR in the medal race.
In the men's 470, Stuart McNay and David Hughes of the USA took the gold, while Tetsuya Isozaki and Akira Takayanagi of Japan won the Medal race to move into silver overall. Panagiotis Mantis and Pavlos Kagialis of Greece dropped to third overall.
For the women's 470 it came down to a drag race on the final run between GBR and NED, with NED rounding the final mark ahead and safely winning the medal race.
Thus Afrodite Zegers and Anneloes van Veen took gold, Sophie Weguelin and Eilidh McIntyre silver and Silvia Mas Depares and Paula Barcelo the bronze.
470 Women overall after Medal race (13 entries)
1. NED Afrodite ZEGERS and Anneloes van VEEN 26.0pts
2. GBR Sophie WEGUELIN and Eilidh McINTYRE 29.0pts
3. ESP Silvia MAS DEPARES and Paula BARCELO MARTIN 39.0pts
6. GBR Amy SEABRIGHT and Anna CARPENTER
9. GBR Jess LAVERY and Flora STEWART
470 Men overall after Medal race (26 entries)
1. USA Stuart McNAY and David HUGHES 56.0pts
2. JPN Tetsuya ISOZAKI and Akira TAKAYANAGI 60.0pts
3. GRE Panagiotis MANTIS and Pavlos KAGIALIS 68.0pts
21. GBR Martin WRIGLEY and Chris GRUBE
Finn overall after Medal race (26 entries)
1. BRA Jorge ZARIF 23.0pts
2. GBR Ben CORNISH 51.0pts
3. NOR Anders PEDERSEN 55.0pts
6. GBR Henry WETHERELL
13. GBR Peter McCOY
Radial overall after Medal race (51 entries)
1. GRE Vasileia KARACHALIOU 28.0pts
2. BEL Evi van ACKER 46.0pts
3. FRA Mathilde de KERANGAT 69.0pts
19. GBR Georgina POVALL
Laser overall after medal race (59 entries)
1. FRA Jean Baptiste BERNAZ 700pts
2. CYP Pavlos KONTIDES 125.0pts
3. GBR Lorenzo Brando CHIAVARINI 134.0pts
4. GBR Nick THOMPSON
9 Mike Beckett
Follow Sailweb on Facebook - Click here
Gerald New - Sailweb
29 January 2017 15:56 GMT