A close shave onboard HUGO BOSS luckily Alex was alert to deal with the situation, watch here.
Le Cléac'h has continued to stretch his lead throughout Thursday morning and is now sailing at 20 knots, and Thomson now at 19 knots.
LEADING POSITIONS at 12:00 hrs UTC Thursday:
1. Armel Le Cléac’h on Banque Populaire VIII - DTG 3,724 nm - sailing at 20 knots
2. Alex Thomson on Hugo Boss - DTL 332 nm - sailing at 19 knots
3. Jeremie Beyou on Maitre Coq - DTL 880 nm - sailing at 10 knots
4. Jean-Pierre Dick on StMichel-Virbac - DTL 1476 nm
5. Yann Elies on Quigunnier - DTL 15362 nm
6. Jean Le Cam on Finistere Mer Vent - DTL 1537 nm
7. Louis Burton on Bureau Vallee - DTL 2889 nm
Fleet spread is now 8,691 nm back to Sebastien Destremau in 18th.
Eleven have now retired from the race.
4 January 2017 14:38 GMT