After a challenging day in Naples, Ben Ainslie's J.P.Morgan BAR is in third place overall, eight points from Dean Barker on Emirates Team New Zealand who lead after three days of fleet racing.
The Super Sunday final fleet race has 40 points on offer for first place, 25 for second and 20 for third from tomorrow’s final fleet race. It's a big ask for Ainslie, they have to win the final fleet race in order to take the event title in Naples. The battle for second for the overall series title will be won or lost on Sunday’s race.
Day 3 Naples – Overall standings after six fleet races
1. Emirates Team New Zealand (NZL) / Dean Barker 60 pts (1st/4th/5th/3rd/1st/1st)
2. Oracle Team USA (USA) / Tom Slingsby 55 pts (2nd/6th/1st/2nd/2nd/5th)
3. JP Morgan Bar (GBR) / Ben Ainslie 52 pts (3rd/1st/6th/4th/4th/3rd)
4. Luna Rossa Piranha (ITA) / Chris Draper 50 pts (4th/2nd/4th/5th/3rd/4th)
5. Energy Team (FRA) / Yann Guichard 42 pts (7th/3rd/2nd/1st/DNS/6th)
6. Luna Rossa Swordfish (ITA) / Francesco Bruni 40 pts (5th/5th/3rd/DNF/5th/2nd)
7. Artemis Racing (SWE) / Charlie Ekberg 31 pts (6th/7th/7th/7th/6th/8th)
8. HS Racing (USA) / Roman Hagara 26 pts (8th/9th/8th/6th/8th/7th)
9. China Team (CHN) / Mitch Booth 22 pts (9th/8th/9th/8th/7th/9th)
20 April 2013 21:58